HELP....CLUELESS......Pump running but no pressure......

The valve that has a broken handle is on the suction side of the pump. It will allow to pump to pull water through the pipe or not. If the handle is parallel to pipe then it is closed and water will not be pulled through that pipe. If it is at a 90 degree angle or perpendicular it is open and will allow water to be pulled from the pipe.

Have fun! One of the better aspects of this site is that we've all been there before in some way and we all still manage our own pools.

Isn't that the truth. You beat the water frantically until you learn to swim. :swim:

Dropbackking, looking forward to your update ;)

Re: HELP....CLUELESS......Pump runnning but no pressure......

ok....so last night it stormed all night but when I got home I turned everything on and it wouldnt pump
turned pump off
I checked the strainers and emptied what little was there
turned the valve to back wash for about 20-30 seconds then turned off.....WHATS THE NORMAL TIME FOR A BACKWASH??
I then switched to filter and turned the pump back on and it ran hard and fast for a good few minutes I noticed a lot of bubbles (normal?)
then the pressure of the water stream slowly dies out at the pool

lowest pressure just after back wash=9.5
then builds rapidly to= 26
then steadys just below the red at or near 26
Red is set at 30 (is this corrrect?)
Green arrow is set at or just below 20 (is this correct?)

pump model SP2607X10

Drop,

Looks like Experts and you are hot on the trail of solving this problem. I'll only add that your pump seems to be doing exactly what it should when it's completely blocked either by a valve or a plugged filter or other obstruction. Click here to go to a document that includes the pump curve near the bottom of page 2. You can multiply Ft of water by .46 to get the psi reading on your pressure gauge. As you can see from the curve for your pump model (SP2607X10) the 0 gpm flow rate is 55' of head or 25.3 psi., very close to your measured max pressure. If you haven't ever used them before pump curves can be very helpful in diagnosing problems.

I hope this helps.

Chris

ok.......sooooo Here is what happened.....I got home.....took apart the filter and started from scratch.....cleaned all the grids .......cleaned the strainers......replaced a leaking spider gasket.....put everything back together.......mixed up my 7.5 pounds of DE....said a prayer....made sure I had the dump truck full of dirt was on standby and turned the pump on......added my DE and sat back with my cold drink and watched it closely......much to my amzement it started up fine and has been running since Saturday AM........not sure where the problem was.....that is the only thing that concerns me.....will it happen again???? I have learned a lot from you all and I look forward to my ongoing education.....I dont know when my next issue will arise, but I feel more confident that I can handle it on my own with guidance from you all here....Thanks again!!!

Just wanted to come in with an update since everyone was so helpful!

EVERYTHING IS STILL RUNNING!!! The water is pumping hard and the pressure is staying solid. Thanks again for all the assistance and next I will move forward to the opening of the pool.......but thats in a couple months!!!

So nice to see you got the filter problem worked out! What a great bunch of people we have on here! HUGS to all that helped!

Now drop here is your next job-----------get a GREAT test kit! Look in my siggy for the one we use and love. It is a MUST for taking care of your own pool. Once you get the test kit and learn how to balance your water the TFP you will wonder why you thought your water was clear...........your pool will look like a jewel when we are done with it!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.