Help!! Cloudy darker water won’t go away!

Sboles55

Jun 18, 2020
Michigan
I’ve been trying everything! I can’t get my pool water Crystal clear... I’ve shocked it several times and have put Leslie’s Clear Aid in and still it’s not clear . I’m hundreds of dollars in and need help! I’ve been using chlorine tabs and bag shock FYI.

Attachments

• B4BE88DD-BC60-44E1-930E-2FB08A9C828D.jpeg
    B4BE88DD-BC60-44E1-930E-2FB08A9C828D.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

To add 5 ppm to a pool your size, you need 6 cups. Simply pour it in front of a return and make sure the pump runs for at least 30 mins to mix it up good.

Got my test kit... 5 FC, 5 CC, 7.6 PH, 90 TA, 240 CH, 50 CYA... water is still a bit cloudy and is leaving a dirt ring around the water level on the vinyl

Attachments

• 9FE5E17C-E970-42C2-A655-2F1C97395B7B.png
    9FE5E17C-E970-42C2-A655-2F1C97395B7B.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 4
Great! Check your CC test methods. It is very rare to have that level of CC.

With a CYA of 50, your SLAM level FC is 20 ppm. Lower your pH to 7.2, and follow that with liquid chlorine to raise your FC to 20 ppm. Then test and add chlorine to maintain that 20 ppm FC at least 3-4 times per day. Brush brush brush!

Use Muratic Acid to lower your pH. Since you have Pool Math, you can use that to tell you how much of the acid, chlorine, etc to add to reach your targets for the SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.