Help choosing pool finish for large old concrete pool with some cracks

jorowan

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
Pottstown/PA
We received one estimate from a PS to refurbish our pool’s plaster. Prices are from high to really high (likes!). Low end—marbelized plaster in white, medium -plaster with color quartz finish, or aquaBrite finish. I would love to know opinions on what would be best for the money? We had tile and coping replaced about three years ago so this is just the finish.

It would be helpful to give more specifics on the quotes you received for folks to comment on.

We received one estimate from a PS to refurbish our pool’s plaster. Prices are from high to really high (likes!). Low end—marbelized plaster in white, medium -plaster with color quartz finish, or aquaBrite finish. I would love to know opinions on what would be best for the money? We had tile and coping replaced about three years ago so this is just the finish.

yes of course
8k for plaster, 12k for color quartz and 16k for AB

I'm sure more will chime in to help. In the meantime, do you have the details on what is included in your quotes? Are they just topping the existing finish, partially chipping it out, fully chipping out to the gunite, how are they fixing cracks, etc.

That is a good place for to start from BUT we still need to know what kind of surface prep they will be doing for any of them...partial chip out around the lights, returns, and such. Full chip out of the whole pool? Both of these would be for the plaster finishes.

For the other finish the prep is SO important!!! You need details from him what he will do AND find out who does that work for him and make sure they are backed by the ecofinish company!!

For reference: Here in CA I am currently in the middle of a remodel of an old concrete pool currently. My roughly kidney shaped 16,000 gallon pool got stripped to gunite for $1725 and we are replacing with Wet Edge (pebble) for $8000.
Wow this helps a lot. So what you saw is all we received. Thank you so much. I need to find someone else to provide a quote I think.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.