Help Bypassing Nature2

Ripple

Bronze Supporter
Aug 11, 2020
North Georgia
I would like to remove my Nature2 chlorinator. It’s not in use and it’s leaking (again). I ordered another o-ring for it and installed it when I got this evening. It’s still leaking.......ugh.

Hope this isn’t a stupid question........Couldn’t I just have a male threaded end attached to 2” PVC for the existing collars to screw into? Not sure of the proper terminology and what parts I need/where to buy? I have removed the Nature2 during my initial SLAM to clean it out and get the old mineral cartridge out and it was easy. But I am new to the plumbing side of things. Thanks for the help.

1D920029-0191-4983-A371-3B9B65261EB7.jpeg

Looks like valves on both sides, so I would cut the piping right against the Fusion² union cuffs and install a standard coupling on one end, a piece of pipe, then a compression coupling on the other end. That way you're not trying to wrestle two couplings and a piece of pipe between those valves.

Looks like it's centered between the valves, but I would put the compression coupling on the longest stubout if one is longer than the other.

homewerks-worldwide-pvc-fittings-511-43-112-112h-64_1000.jpg

Reactions: Ripple
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.