Help Bypassing Nature2

Ripple

Bronze Supporter
Aug 11, 2020
North Georgia
I would like to remove my Nature2 chlorinator. It’s not in use and it’s leaking (again). I ordered another o-ring for it and installed it when I got this evening. It’s still leaking.......ugh.

Hope this isn’t a stupid question........Couldn’t I just have a male threaded end attached to 2” PVC for the existing collars to screw into? Not sure of the proper terminology and what parts I need/where to buy? I have removed the Nature2 during my initial SLAM to clean it out and get the old mineral cartridge out and it was easy. But I am new to the plumbing side of things. Thanks for the help.

1D920029-0191-4983-A371-3B9B65261EB7.jpeg

Ripple

Bronze Supporter
Aug 11, 2020
North Georgia
Would I cut off the black connectors that screw into the Nature2 or get the corresponding other side and glue that to the new PVC so that it screws back in?

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Looks like valves on both sides, so I would cut the piping right against the Fusion² union cuffs and install a standard coupling on one end, a piece of pipe, then a compression coupling on the other end. That way you're not trying to wrestle two couplings and a piece of pipe between those valves.

Looks like it's centered between the valves, but I would put the compression coupling on the longest stubout if one is longer than the other.

Reactions: Ripple