metalhd89

May 19, 2024
Canton, Ohio
Hi Everyone,
I am new here but have owned an above ground pool for approx. 12yrs, it is an 18' round W/54'' wall approx. 8,500 gal. I am on my second pool in that time frame, my original pool had a Frog system and the new pool I was talked into an oxygen pools system. I wish I would have seen this forum before I made that decision. I have a few questions regarding the TFP method, first how does it work? Two what equipment is needed? Is there a chemical feeder or is it just the pump, filter and pour chemicals in the pool weekly or daily? I am a little confused on how this works coming from a frog system and going into this oxygen system which I am regretting. Appreciate any all help on this.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The best place to answer many of your questions is our Pool Care Basics page. We recommend fairly basic pool chemicals and encourage accurate homeowner water testing with a proper test kit. We recommend either a TF-Series test kit (in my signature) or a Taylor K-2006C. From there, we can help you with just about anything. :)