cfischer

Jul 6, 2023
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New to this community. Had some algae problems last month, had to drain and refill then to Leslie's to get water tested. I know, invested in a water testing kit after reading tons of posts in the forum, the pool school threads and browsing around. The pool is clear but FC (.3) is not staying in and TC is about 2.5. This all after last week it was
FC 3.95
TC 3.95,
PH is 7.5,
TA is 86,
CH is 127 (little low),
CYA is 42

This week I had no FC in it so something is eating it. Guessing the algae is still around, even the pool looks great. I have been putting in 2 lbs of trichlor a day until I can get some liquid chlorine. I know I have to SLAM it, waiting on my test kits to arrive especially the FSA/DPD so I can get accurate readings. Until Then I plan on keeping the chlorine high (about 2 gallons to get it to 17 and add daily until those tests arrive. Anything else I should be doing besides brushing the walls, vacuuming and running the pump 24/7?

Thanks in advance,

Got my test kit. Going to do a Overnight test. This AZ heat is blistering lately (about 110), I'm out maybe 10 minutes doing my tests in the shade and sweating.

4:24 PM/ 7/11/23
FC 9.0
CC 0
TA 100
PH 7.4
CYA 45