Hello, please help me get rid of green algae!

You should not be getting that color -- the test should end in clear.

Test your tap water. See what happens.

You have never achieved the endpoint which is to clear the pink color. You need to keep going. You can never add more chems if you have not reached a correct endpoint in any type of test. Dont be afraid to keep going, you need exact numbers. You can also purchase extra reagents so you can rule out contamination.

I've checked with tap water, and its FC is 0.2. I've checked again with 5mL, 1 drop of powder, and by the 13 drop it turned from pink to somewhat clear but with some orange. I kept adding drops but I kept getting faint orange...at 40 drops I ran out of reagent. So I'm heading to the pool store. :cry::cry::cry:

I've attached the pics of my sample. The first one without reagents, second with powder, third at around 14 dropsIMG-0163.JPGIMG-0164.JPGIMG-0165.JPG

Last edited:
OK -- so that is not orange. It is not perfectly clear, but at those levels of FC it never gets perfectly clear. It is when the pink goes away.

I doubt a pool store will have R0871,

Reactions: novata

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.