tfandango

Jan 21, 2022
Norman, Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi There. Just finished filling up our new pool last week. The following day was literally the coldest day of the year (so far). I've been brushing the pool multiple times per day, so does the pool builder who also checks the chemicals. It seems to be full of a bunch of dirt from the surrounding area. My wife says it looks green but I think it's because it always has a coat of brown dirt on the blue pebble tec. Anyways, learning a lot here already that I had not (yet?) learned from the pool builder. Excited to learn more!

Sometimes it takes a few days for the color to "come out" and settle. A week usually is plenty of time. Hmmmm? You're probably right about the dirt in the pool altering the appearance.
That will eventually come out with good brushing so that it gets into circulation so the filter can grab it.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: tfandango
Sometimes it takes a few days for the color to "come out" and settle. A week usually is plenty of time. Hmmmm? You're probably right about the dirt in the pool altering the appearance.
That will eventually come out with good brushing so that it gets into circulation so the filter can grab it.

Maddie :flower:
Thanks yes this seems to be the case. I can still see little dirty clouds when I brush the bottom but it's much less than initially. I'm chomping at the bit to let the robot get to work on it but everyone says I should wait 30 days before letting him loose.

The pool still looks a little bit greenish but it's trending in the right direction. Which is good because I don't want my wife not liking this thing when it's all done, and there's not much to do about it lol!