Hello, New Member from Florida!

Sep 2, 2017
Tampa, FL
Hi everyone, we purchased a house with an in ground vinyl pool about 2 years ago, the first 6 months of care was a breeze but slowly things started to get bad. Around the 1 yr mark of being new home/pool owners we had to replace the pump, then all the DE filter grids and then the vinyl liner. This past year has been a constant struggle between crystal clear water or algae growing on the walls. Seems to be no in between and I really need to figure this out. Thankfully I found this forum and hopefully now I will be able to get my chemistry right.

Welcome and nice post with lots of info!

We can totally help you get and stay clear - but you'll need, no way around it, a real test kit. Since you're in central Florida like me, with all our rain, that means wither a TF-100 with XL option or K2006C and in terms of value the TF-100 with XL option really wins hands down in my opinion. So order the TF-100 with XL option and if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Once you get a kit ordered, let us know so we can congratulate you and give you the appropriate links to videos so you can watch them being performed and be comfortable and prepared before it even arrives.

We'll help you get your first full set of test results posted to this thread and then we'll adjust as needed and explain why we suggest what we suggest, and discourage you from spending any money you don't need to, because money is beautiful and wasting it on random pool store/pool service company chemicals is not beautiful.

Lastly, there is something called the CYA Standard Solution that you can order with your test kit for an additional $5 - if you are kind of perfectionisty and really want to have 100% confidence in the only test that is even a little hard to perform after the initial learning tests. It is the only test that doesn't have a 100% definitive to everyone end point - as some new pool testers second guess themselves and struggle for a while. $5 well spent if you're a little apprehensive about testing yourself, otherwise skip