Lykebu

Aug 11, 2023
NC
Hello, I’m new on this site and pool management. I’ve had my pool for 3 months now and I feel like I keep spending money to keep it good. I’ve spent probably about $1000 in chemicals. Everytime I go to the store to get my water tested, I have to buy something to fix something even though my water has stayed crystal clear the whole time. So I need some professional help so I’m not spending too much on chemicals. Thank you! Lykebu

Welcome to TFP, you have found the answer to all your questions. I can tell you from experience that in 2020 I found FTP and after 16 years of struggling with pool store testing and advice, I am free of pool store testing and advice. Every time I went to the pool store for water testing, I needed something, and it was never cheap, and every August my pool would turn green with algae, which the store always blamed on me. Since I've followed the TFP methods, my pool is crystal clear from opening to closing and best of all, I spend less than $200 a year on chemicals......... Hello, my name is Don and I was a pool store addict.

To start your journey you should begin your education:

to help us give you advice in the future, it helps is you create a signature:

Reactions: cledee
Hello, I’m new on this site and pool management. I’ve had my pool for 3 months now and I feel like I keep spending money to keep it good. I’ve spent probably about $1000 in chemicals. Everytime I go to the store to get my water tested, I have to buy something to fix something even though my water has stayed crystal clear the whole time. So I need some professional help so I’m not spending too much on chemicals. Thank you! Lykebu
It's ok @Lykebu you have been "poolstored". It happens to most of us, and it's reason we found TFP. Definitely get one of the recommended test kits. Once you know what your levels are and get everything balanced, you are mostly adding liquid chlorine every day.

Hey Lykebu and Welcome !!!

I'll be out about $150 this season with 34k gallons to treat. (Besides the cost of chlorine which comes from my saltwater chlorine generator). Most of the money I spent was to balance in the spring and after that it doesn't need much.

I'm about as lazy as one could be, and this place gave me the tools/knowledge to rarely need to lift a finger about the pool. I tend to go looking to do something to it, feeling guilty that I haven't needed to in so long. So I go and test, and I'm not needed, again
Then I walk away low key sad.

Oh yeah. And it legit hurts to look at my pool all morning.

ezgif-2-d23c8ff959-min.gif

We got you now. :)

• Love
Reactions: Lykebu