Hello, new member and first time pool owner in Dallas

madsedan

Jan 14, 2022
Dallas, TX
We bought a house built in late 2017 that had a pool put in by a nice local pool company in late 2018 by the original owner.
Its a salt cell with pebbletex surface, seemingly nice equipment, with a Pentair racer cleaner and Hayward booster pump. I have a reputable local pool service that comes out once a week for maintenance but once of the wheels broke from the Pentair so I am shopping cleaners, which is how I found this amazing site.

Would like opinion on my equipment and suggestions on a new cleaner. If I have a weekly guy that says "all I have to do as an owner is worry about where I hang my trunks". I am assuming that means that along with cleaning the baskets/filters, etc that he is also scrubbing the pool. I noticed the couple months we've been in the house before the front wheel broke off that the cleaner continuously got stock on the steps.

Do I need a robot cleaner for my set up if I have a pool guy coming over once a week, is something like a pressure side cleaner with a scrubber ok?

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 36
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 36
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 31
  • pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Robot cleaners are some of today's newest products, allowing owners to clean pool surfaces very well without the additional demand placed on plumbing, pumps, etc. Still, many love their suction/pressure cleaners. Really a personal call based on features and budget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.