Hello - I'm here for my last hope!

Keep Going Do It GIF by maddyshine

Don’t forget to brush/vacuum every day & test fc & replenish slam level as often as possible just not more than once an hour.
Backwash (sand/de) or clean(cartridge) when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure. You never said what type of filter u have & it’s not listed in your signature.
Also be sure to remove & scrub places that algae loves to hide like ladders/steps, weir doors etc.
No ladders or items in the pool, I've been scrubbing sides and bottom of the pool a lot.

I have a sandfilter.

Ok went back out, tested again

FC 10
CC 0.5

So FC dropped by 7 in about 7-8 hours. Is that normal? I've just added just under a gallon for 10% liquid chlorine to get it back to 16. When do I test it again to see if it's at the right level? Also I've been adding liquid chlorine to the skimmer, bad or good idea?!

You want to test & replenish fc slam level as often as possible (at least 3-4 times a day)especially at the beginning of the slam when losses are high, just not more than once per hour.
Every hour below slam level algae regains a foothold.
We don’t want algae to win- we want u to win 🏆! So The more often , the better. Obviously, people have jobs & such but hitting it hard on the weekend is helpful.
Pour liquid chlorine slowly infront of a return jet avoiding the pool surfaces. You can brush the area to help mix it in & prevent it from settling in one area.
I personally always brush when adding. Adding chems to your skimmer isn’t advised.

Reactions: TitanBrave
You want to test & replenish fc slam level as often as possible (at least 3-4 times a day)especially at the beginning of the slam when losses are high, just not more than once per hour.
Every hour below slam level algae regains a foothold.
We don’t want algae to win- we want u to win 🏆! So The more often , the better. Obviously, people have jobs & such but hitting it hard on the weekend is helpful.
Pour liquid chlorine slowly infront of a return jet avoiding the pool surfaces. You can brush the area to help mix it in & prevent it from settling in one area.
I personally always brush when adding. Adding chems to your skimmer isn’t advised.
Perfect, thank you, appreciate your help!!

Ok levels this morning are:
FC: 10.5
CC: 0.5

Added Chlorine, and I'm going to try and keep on it today.

I also tested PH and noticed that it's creeped up to 7.8 from 7.2. Do I need to adjust this during the SLAM?

Reactions: Snoobug
I'm a little confused; here's my results from today first:

10:08
FC 5.5 (Added calculated level of Chlorine to get back to 16)

12:08
FC 17.5 (A little higher than the 16 I was aiming for)

14:26
FC 12.5 (Added the calculated level of chlroine to get back up to 16)

19:00
FC 12.5

I have a couple of questions:

1) I tested my chlorine, at 7pm, it came out at 11.5, I used the same sample of water, 5-10 minutes later and the chlorine level came out at 12.5?! I did nothing different with the testing. Why would there be a difference? I did notice that some of the DE powder wasn't fully disolved, I also have only been using 1 heaped scoop, and a 10ml sample. Is that correct?

2) Is it possible/normal to lose so much chlorine during the day, like between 12 and 2pm today, I lost FC 5.

Would love any advice, I'm doing my best to clean and keep my FC up at 16. Pool is definitely clearer and the milky color seems to be lower in the pool than near the top, my robot is also clearer on the bottom of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm a little confused; here's my results from today first:

10:08
FC 5.5 (Added calculated level of Chlorine to get back to 16)

12:08
FC 17.5 (A little higher than the 16 I was aiming for)

14:26
FC 12.5 (Added the calculated level of chlroine to get back up to 16)

19:00
FC 12.5

I have a couple of questions:

1) I tested my chlorine, at 7pm, it came out at 11.5, I used the same sample of water, 5-10 minutes later and the chlorine level came out at 12.5?! I did nothing different with the testing. Why would there be a difference? I did notice that some of the DE powder wasn't fully disolved, I also have only been using 1 heaped scoop, and a 10ml sample. Is that correct?

2) Is it possible/normal to lose so much chlorine during the day, like between 12 and 2pm today, I lost FC 5.

Would love any advice, I'm doing my best to clean and keep my FC up at 16. Pool is definitely clearer and the milky color seems to be lower in the pool than near the top, my robot is also clearer on the bottom of the pool.

Do you have *any* pucks in a chlorine feeder?

I make sure to test away from a return stream, consistently in the same place in the pool, and make sure it's elbow deep. If I got wildly different results in back-to-back tests under these conditions, try a third test and/or move to a different location and test.

Are you running the pumps fairly high during all these LC additions (and in the hours afterwards) to ensure good mixing?

Do you have *any* pucks in a chlorine feeder?

I make sure to test away from a return stream, consistently in the same place in the pool, and make sure it's elbow deep. If I got wildly different results in back-to-back tests under these conditions, try a third test and/or move to a different location and test.

Are you running the pumps fairly high during all these LC additions (and in the hours afterwards) to ensure good mixing?
Im not using any pucks, just liquid chlorine (10%)

I have my pumps on 24/7

I’ve just done a test this morning, and I didn’t lose any chlorine overnight, it’s still up at 16 FC with 0 CC.

Pool still looks cloudy a few feet down, so I assume I still need to slam?

Yes - keep going!
The lack of loss overnight is a good indicator that you’re over the hump but now comes the Pool Owner Patience part 😁
until u pass All 3 end of slam criteria keep doing what you’re doing.
❌ crystal clear water
✅ overnight chlorine loss of 1ppm or less
?? Cc’s .5 or lower
Don’t forget to Backwash when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure.
Even after passing all 3 criteria some people choose to continue slam for 1 more day to be certain all is well before lowering back to maintenance levels.
After slam is done be sure to aim for the high fc target on the FC/CYA Levels to ensure that no matter what fc never dips to minimum. Many of us run fc a tad higher cuz we never wanna go back to the slam club 😁

Reactions: TitanBrave
Woohoo, seriously thankful to this community!

1) No overnight loss for 2 nights
2) Crystal clear, I can even see little specs of dirt (from my little ones feet) at the bottom of the pool.
3) 0 CC

So happy right now, it went from a swamp to crystal clear, I did not even think it was possible.

Ok next things! I want to get a SWG, any good options for AGP, 15,000, Vinyl. Someone did tell me that they're a bad idea as they create rust?!

Thoughts...

Woohoo, seriously thankful to this community!

1) No overnight loss for 2 nights
2) Crystal clear, I can even see little specs of dirt (from my little ones feet) at the bottom of the pool.
3) 0 CC

So happy right now, it went from a swamp to crystal clear, I did not even think it was possible.

Ok next things! I want to get a SWG, any good options for AGP, 15,000, Vinyl. Someone did tell me that they're a bad idea as they create rust?!

Thoughts...
Happy First Place GIF by ZEPETO

If you can...become a TFP Supporter. Great way to say thanks!

And use your supporter discount to get a big TF-100 test kit. You'll love it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.