Hello from Toronto , Canada

Hi,
I am a first time pool owner and learning all the magic of chemistry . I left the pool unattended for a week , and returned to a blue green cloudy pool . Have spent over $250 on chemicals based on what pool store recommended and still the pool is unusable . Found this website from google search and I have learnt so much in the last 12 hours reading about the articles and forum. I will post specific problems in the appropriate topics, for now just glad this is hope and help 👍

Reactions: U2brothr
Welcome! First time owner here as well. This forum has been amazing - when first shopping for a pool I felt lost, after reading and re-reading pool school and countless other threads, I feel like an “expert” even though I’m a noob. You’re in good company!

Reactions: Newdude
Hey Harish and welcome !! 232,439 members and you are already no longer the newest member.

there are oodles of folks who have nothing to sell you but smooth sailing and goodwill.

get yourself the trusty test kit that I’m sure you’ve read all about. With the results from it you will be performing aSLAM Process to clear your pool. SLAM requires a lot more testing than normal and you burn through the testing reagents. Get the XL option with the TF-100 From tftestkits.com.

Welcome fellow Torontonian! 3rd year pool owner here. Found the site only this year and this year is THE BEST we've ever had our pool. The text kits that Newdude talks about are difficult (hard to ship chemicals across the border) and expensive to get in Canada. I managed to recently get and and it has taken the guesswork out of my pool chemistry. I live in Guildwood.

Reactions: Newdude