Hello from south Texas

stikshooter

Sep 9, 2019
Floresville Tx
After 33 years of marriage, I finally gave in to the wife and we had a pool installed. Its a fiberglass pool and specs say its a 10,000 gal pool. I have a sand filter and chlorine tablet system, with a two stage 1.5 hp pump. I originally wanted to install a SWG system, but the pool company advized against it. Still debating installing one. Also am thinking about a uv system. This water chemistry is all new to me, so I will be asking alot of questions and ask for your forgiveness up front.:oops:

Eric

After 33 years of marriage, I finally gave in to the wife and we had a pool installed.
Yep. Been there. :whip: Say, you can stay away from the UV. Save the $$$. No need with our sunshine. Mother Nature will give your water all the UV you need. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: stikshooter
After 33 years of marriage, I finally gave in to the wife and we had a pool installed. Its a fiberglass pool and specs say its a 10,000 gal pool. I have a sand filter and chlorine tablet system, with a two stage 1.5 hp pump. I originally wanted to install a SWG system, but the pool company advized against it. Still debating installing one. Also am thinking about a uv system. This water chemistry is all new to me, so I will be asking alot of questions and ask for your forgiveness up front.:oops:

Eric
That is eerily similar to my story....the 33 years and giving in part. I gave in after 29 years and it was recently completed...well, almost. Still pending the fence and some landscaping. I'm all in once we started, however!

Congrats on the new pool!

Listening to your pool builder's advice...that will get you in trouble every time! :) At least not without getting a second opinion here.

Install a SWCG at your first opportunity and you'll never look back. There is no scientifically valid reason not to install one. Your PB is resistant to change (and saltwater). You will see ever-rising CYA levels using pucks/tablets. Here's a few good videos for you on the topic.

Trouble Free Pool

TFP has made it second nature for me..... 'my PB doesnt like SWG' **checks bio** ... yup, he's from texas. 'My filter is small' **checks bio** ... yup, he's from Florida. 'My pool is frozen in August'..... Hey @Chickinvic, how you BEEN ?? Welcome back man !

After the pool builder sent out the water guy to give us a little pool school on the water chemistry yesterday, and I found up how much the tablets would cost. I figured the salt would be cheaper in the long run.
Any suggestions on what brands to look at ?
Thanks for all the replys.

What is the brand of your pump and any automation system you have? And more specifically which model of automation if applicable?

Think of automation as a timer on steroids mixed with a computer. It controls all of your components, lets you access your system from your phone, manages freeze protection, etc. Its certainly not required, but nice to have if you are into those things.

Oh, and welcome from N Tex.

Reactions: stikshooter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A popular brand for SWCG’s for folks that don’t have automation is Circupool. One line is the RJ series in particular that I recall.

Here is a recent thread discussing it.

Circupool Edge vs RJ series