Hello from Sacramento, CA

Nov 27, 2018
Sacramento/CA
Hello, I am new to TFP. I have a pebbletec inground pool. I have had a robotic cleaner now for almost 3 years. I was brought here by the threads about a certain robotic cleaner (Dolphin Z5) getting stuck at the bottom of pools main drains. I have been searching for a solution for some time now though still have not found one. I recently sent a message to Maytronics based on a post someone had here about a free adapter they provide (which seemed to have helped some). Some of the threads are old (2014, 2016) and hope to revive some conversation around solutions people may have found recently. I look forward to some new information. Thank you!

Jane,

The free adapter from Medtronic's just blows the exhaust from the upper suction fan in single direction which in theory helps the robot to not stay stuck... It works about 50 percent of the time.

I have several Dolphin robots and for the most part they do not get stuck at all... I have a couple of older dolphins and I do notice that when the tracks get worn down they will get stuck if they hit the drain cover just right... With new tracks, the problem goes away.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Greetings Texas Splash.
Thank you Jim for your input. My Dolphin has gotten stuck from day 1. So I don't know whether the rollers being worn have much to do. But I will keep that in mind. Maytronics wrote back today and said the impeller adapter is not compatible with the Oasis Z5. They advised me to get aftermarket products. I tried the Zodiac unibridge main drain covers which did not fit at all. I was hopeful but the 10" Aquastar covers are just too wide and tall. The description says it will cover 10" drains, but they are 8" diameter opening. I have tried to expand the inner diameter circle by unscrewing and using zip ties. But that has not really worked. Someone else on TFP said they cut out the inside cover at the perforations so it would lay flatter to try to disregard the inner diameter. (gosh that seems like a lot of work!)
There is another product I read on another thread post for these. But the reviews are pretty bad.
So the search continues. Any other recommendations??

Jane,

Since it has always happened, I agree, unlikely to be the tracks, but it does point out how that there is not much difference between working and non-working space..

I don't have any real recommendations, but if I were in your shoes, I would try a couple of different brands of covers and see what I could do to grind or sand off about a 1/8th to a 1/4 of an inch in height.

Thanks,

Jim R.