Hello from Ohio

Kelly44889

Sep 6, 2019
Northeast Ohio
Hello,
We are in the Great Lakes region of Ohio. Fall is approaching and we are told it is the best time to put a pool in here. I ran across this site and thought it would be a great place to start.

We want to put in an recessed above ground pool, we have a special needs child who has been swimming with his Special Olympics team for a few years now and are confident he would enjoy having a pool at home and respect all the rules that also come with it. We've never had a pool so we are completely new at this. I have a lot of questions so off to the forums!

There was a kid in my kids swim class who had a great deal of extra needs. Wheelchair, non verbal, very limited movement. The whole 9 yards. Man that kid squealed with delight every last second he was in the pool. It was always heartwarming to see how much enjoyment he got. It was a much needed break for him and the parents.

Good luck with your research and build. You are in a great spot for any info you need.

One of my boys is intellectually disabled. A big reason I agreed to the pool was for his benefit. I know your child will love the pool. But it's a lot of work. Depending on his needs, you could easily turn this into a big learning project for him.

Spend a couple of hours reading the Pool School articles and look at threads on the forums for anything you are interested in. Like if you are possibly interested in salt chlorine generators. Dig through those threads.

One of my boys is intellectually disabled. A big reason I agreed to the pool was for his benefit. I know your child will love the pool. But it's a lot of work. Depending on his needs, you could easily turn this into a big learning project for him.

Spend a couple of hours reading the Pool School articles and look at threads on the forums for anything you are interested in. Like if you are possibly interested in salt chlorine generators. Dig through those threads.
Thank you for the tip on the Pool School articles. We are in the early planning but definitely interested in the SWG.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support