Hello from North Carolina

jludlow

Mar 25, 2023
Rocky Mount, NC
As a kid I grew up with an inground pool in MI and missed all the 'fun' of getting it setup. Now as an adult in NC, I have had the 'fun' of setting up Intex 16' above ground pools. We live in eastern NC and have decided to try the route of leaving the pool up all year. But the old 16' was old and now we are starting a journey with a 16x32x52 intex above ground. The planning for this has been more extensive than I realized. Sure glad I found this site. Still trying to find information.

We are planning on creating a 'raised area' with 6x6 landscape timbers, filling it with sand for leveling purposes (and now after reading some, looks like we may add foam board on top). I am trying to find measurements showing how much space I need to allow for this raised area (I have a partial fence in place that is making my original general estimate of 3' on each side of the pool too tight).

Also, since the old pool was just the standard intex non-saltwater, I bought the same version for the 16x32x52 but now (after reading a lot on this site) I want to change to the saltwater system and it appears the pump that came with what I bought is too small. So I am looking for suggestions.

Attachments

• Timbers 64 percent.jpg
    Timbers 64 percent.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3