Hello from lovely Mableton Georgia! Pentair No Comm error

MarkfromMableton

Aug 21, 2022
Mableton/Georgia
I have 22.5K salt water pool with all Pentair Equipment. About a month ago we had a power outage event in our neighborhood. The power was out 6 hours but came back on 3 or 4 times during the outage. There may have been some lighting. A day later I noticed the pump was not running. I also noticed that the Remote wired Easy Touch panel in my house said NO COMM. The panel at the pump seems to be working, but will not control the pump. The pool company tech said it was a comm cable issue connected to the outside panel. He started the pump manually. He came back a week later and said the new comm cable did not correct the problem and they would be sending me a quote for a new blade or a new pump. Since that time I noticed that my IntelliChlor IC40 chlorine generator has all green lights and appears to be generating chlorine but from the diagnostics panel it indicates 0 ppm with a comm link error. Also, the spillway and all the fill valves work from the outside panel. Any thoughts?

Mark,

Sounds like your RS-485 com port is not working. The problem is that if one device on the com port goes bad, it can shut down the whole thing.

To troubleshoot your system, the first thing to do is disconnect everything connected to the J20 com port (on the Main EasyTouch Board) except the one IntelliFlo pump. After that is done, make sure the system is in AUTO and go look at the pump's display. It should say "Display Not Active".

If it does say Display not active, that means the pump and the main board are good, and that one of the disconnected devices is bad. One at a time, reconnect the devices you removed from J20 to find which one is bad.

If the pump does not say Display not active, then either the main board or pump is bad. Most of the time, when this happens, it is the main board.

NOTE.. never connect or disconnect any com port connections with the power on.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have 22.5K salt water pool with all Pentair Equipment. About a month ago we had a power outage event in our neighborhood. The power was out 6 hours but came back on 3 or 4 times during the outage. There may have been some lighting. A day later I noticed the pump was not running. I also noticed that the Remote wired Easy Touch panel in my house said NO COMM. The panel at the pump seems to be working, but will not control the pump. The pool company tech said it was a comm cable issue connected to the outside panel. He started the pump manually. He came back a week later and said the new comm cable did not correct the problem and they would be sending me a quote for a new blade or a new pump. Since that time I noticed that my IntelliChlor IC40 chlorine generator has all green lights and appears to be generating chlorine but from the diagnostics panel it indicates 0 ppm with a comm link error. Also, the spillway and all the fill valves work from the outside panel. Any thoughts?
Thanks Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.