Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
we have a 25y old free form pool that we are remodeling; going thru the pains to make sure that the subs the contractor uses know what they are doing and doing it the way it's for the long term, not just to "look good" for the short term.

So my first question is : if you have done deck remodeling while doing pool remodeling, what type of control joint have you used and what type of expansion joint have you used ?
the concrete cie wants to use a foam around the coping and wood along the house as expansion joints and some kind of a vinyl/plastic for the control joints (looks like a T shape form - totally different from what we had previously). I did some research online and found a product from stegmeier (frontier joint) and another one from WR Meadows that looks similar to what we had previously. Any body has used these ? and how do they hold up ?

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: You have some great questions. I would recommend starting a new thread in the Under Construction sub-forum for those. You'll probably see much better results by titling the thread about those issues. Enjoy this warm TX day.. :swim: