Hello from Florida

RomanRick

Mar 30, 2021
Hi, I moved to Ormond Beach Florida a few years ago and this house has a salt water inground pool. I've never had an inground pool before and am somewhat lost. I'm pretty sure I was taken on a repair last year and really want to learn this. To be honest I have no idea what most of the valves are for and have a pool cleaner come once a week. Anyways, I'm really hoping to learn what I need to know and start being more independent. I've come across this site while searching for answers and it really seems I'm in the right spot. Thanks all!!

Ciao, Rick! You are very welcome here to TFP! If you start a thread about your pool and questions, toss a picture of your equipment pad up and we'll help you decipher what you've got and what it should be doing.

You'll learn a lot here-

Maddie :flower:

Hey Rick and Welcome !!! Start your journey here :ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. Somewhere terms and acronyms will seem weird at first but take a few tries at it, take some time to process it, read it again. You'll get it. We will gladly guide you until it clicks.

The cornerstone of trouble free pools is a reliable test kit. See Test Kits Compared. The TF-100 from tftestkits.net is a great value in the long term. But whichever kit you choose, you'll need a drop based kit for reliability. It will pay for itself many times over.

You will want to add the k-1766 test kit for salt. It's $27 and the most accurate one available.

You will also want a speedstir/smartstir (depending on what's available, its the same thing) it's $30 and does all the mixing for you. Nobody has ever complained after getting one. They have screamed bloody murder for waiting as long as they did to get one.