Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all!

we bought our house 20 years ago and it had an inground pool already. We had it replastered about 15 years ago and just did so again (along with new waterline tile) a few months ago.

Looking to move to salt soon, just not sure if I should wait for any particular length of time with the new plaster?

I’ve rewired our breaker box at the pool (previous owners had ground and neutral on the neutral bar, which is a no-no on subpanels) and re-ran wiring for the pool light (replaced with an LED). Following the big Texas freeze last month, I replaced our Jandy valve and plumbing at the pump and sand filter. All that said, I feel like I could handle installing the SWG, just need to find time AND be confident that with our current setup there won’t be any issues. (Concrete coping, cool rock deck, etc, so I am assuming it will be fine).

Looking forward to being I here and hope I can contribute from time to time!

Patric

Attachments

• E84FDDC4-64FA-4CE8-811C-5B45370F7101.jpeg
    E84FDDC4-64FA-4CE8-811C-5B45370F7101.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 9354BA3A-BC3B-43BE-A9D7-5098FDCDACC7.jpeg
    9354BA3A-BC3B-43BE-A9D7-5098FDCDACC7.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello Patric from this Patrick. :) Welcome to TFP! :wave: An SWG is fine, but you can't add salt to the water and use the SWG until at least 30 days after install. Until then, balance the FC to the CYA as a non-salt pool per our FC/CYA Levels. If you have any questions, just let us know. Have a good one. :swim:

Reactions: EastTexasBassPlayer
Hello Patric from this Patrick. :) Welcome to TFP! :wave: An SWG is fine, but you can't add salt to the water and use the SWG until at least 30 days after install. Until then, balance the FC to the CYA as a non-salt pool per our FC/CYA Levels. If you have any questions, just let us know. Have a good one. :swim:

Awesome, thank you, will do! I appreciate the info!