Hello from Arizona!

Burgundyna

Mar 29, 2021
Glendale, arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello,
My name is Sarah. I have kids and a 22,700 (?) gallon diving pool. I started doing the pool maintenance myself a year and a half ago because I got frustrated with the maintenance people simply not showing up and being so unreliable. I have a Leslie’s brand (Jacuzzi) cartridge filter and variable speed pump.

We are in the process of redoing the pool to pebble tec and starting with new water so I want to really get this right.

I find pool testing hard. I have the Taylor kit and I just feel like I just don’t understand how it works. So, any advice on how to get training on that would be great! Thanks for reading!

Hi Sarah! Welcome to TFP!! We can certainly get you setup with tips and suggestions for making your testing as easy as possible. It really isn't bad once you get the hang of a few aspects. Feel free to post up questions in the other areas. Like the "Testing and Balancing Your Water" section. One thing that will make all of your testing so much easier is having a Smart Stir, like this one. It makes things so much more consistent.

Hey there Sarah :handwave: I'm Maddie .... Great plan taking over the care of the pool. No one cares about your pool & water as much as you. And the savings can be pretty remarkable too! (I can be frugal, but not cheap! :laughblue: )

You'll want to read this-
...and this...

Are you having trouble *doing* the tests , or *interpreting* the results?

Maddie :flower:

Hey there Sarah :handwave: I'm Maddie .... Great plan taking over the care of the pool. No one cares about your pool & water as much as you. And the savings can be pretty remarkable too! (I can be frugal, but not cheap! :laughblue: )

You'll want to read this-
...and this...

Are you having trouble *doing* the tests , or *interpreting* the results?

Maddie :flower:
Great question! Interpreting the results. I can squeeze the drops and measure the lines. Then the instructions start to talk chemistry language and I just cringe.

Hi Sarah! Welcome to TFP!! We can certainly get you setup with tips and suggestions for making your testing as easy as possible. It really isn't bad once you get the hang of a few aspects. Feel free to post up questions in the other areas. Like the "Testing and Balancing Your Water" section. One thing that will make all of your testing so much easier is having a Smart Stir, like this one. It makes things so much more consistent.
Thanks! I will get on the info this weekend. I will look up the Smart stir now. Thanks for the tip!