Hello from an excited Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma!!

Congratulations :cheers:you're finally getting plastered. Looks like an excellent pro crew. Even were there 5:30 am. Protecting everything with dropcloths, plastic & tape. Ready to acid wash. And I'm sure your startup will follow immediately after the fill, not like mine 4 days later.
Looking forward to more photos.

Thanks, Irwin!
Yes, acid wash and fill are tomorrow! My peeps should be swimming this weekend. It will probably take some time for that to sink in after all of this :)
Have not heard anything about start up/pool school or anything yet.
We still need the pergola built, the firepit finished, maybe additional deck work, scupper issue addressed, clean up, grading, and fence repair. Seems like a lot to do yet but I'm sure it will get done.

yay! Plaster getting done (again)!! I bet you are excited!!!! So close!
Probably more on edge than excited...once bitten, twice shy...

It's looking good! So do they leave a day between plaster and acid wash so that it has time to set? More abalone!! Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it needs to harden...
I just snapped some pictures and so far I see heavy abalone in the spa! Makes my heart happy! I hope we don't lose too much during acid wash...

Can't wait to see it finished! Make sure you update before you go to work!

Congrats on Plaster Day - Take 2!!!
Thanks, Marla! Getting ready to post up some pics now. I won't leave you hanging!

Hoping for a problem free plastering this time! Let's get this done. :)

So far, so good....

Nini look who is here just in time for your good plaster! I would like to introduce kim :kim:

Yay!!! I LOVE KIM!!! She (you) is adorable!!!

Sorry, Marla! Photobucket is not being cooperative at the moment and I don't have any more extra time to monkey with it. Gotta get ready and leave for work!
If I get off at 7, I'll post pictures and a timeline update. If they keep me until 11, no promises ;)

Hi... I haven't chimed in but I've been following your progress and I am happy for you that it is almost done, at last!

I do agree with those who have said they wouldn't let anyone but an experienced metal worker (or yourself) work with those scuppers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been following along as well and wanted to chime in time after time but never could break into the story line...it's been such a fast moving soap opera like plot.

Good luck with the plaster. Looks like a good crew to carry you over the finish line.

I haven't seen your build for a little while and my jaw dropped in disbelief that more things went wrong for you!! I'm so sorry to see this and I hope things are smooth sailing from here on!! Your plaster is going to be beautiful and I'm so glad about the reshoot!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hi... I haven't chimed in but I've been following your progress and I am happy for you that it is almost done, at last!

I do agree with those who have said they wouldn't let anyone but an experienced metal worker (or yourself) work with those scuppers.
Hi Kelly! Thanks for chiming in! Yes, at last, it looks like we are going to be wrapping up...or at least we can swim, which is almost the same thing!

I've been following along as well and wanted to chime in time after time but never could break into the story line...it's been such a fast moving soap opera like plot.

Good luck with the plaster. Looks like a good crew to carry you over the finish line.

Well, hey there, MayorHannah! I've been following you,as well! And really, you can break in anytime ;). It really is QUITE the soap opera. But, hopefully, unlike those characters, I'll get my happy ending...or at least a satisfactory one.

Have a nice day at work Nini! All will be good and we'll watch for the pictures! Hugs!

Thanks, TM! Work was a breeze and they didn't need me to stay. Heading over to photobucket in a few minutes to upload pictures and post my latest news.

I haven't seen your build for a little while and my jaw dropped in disbelief that more things went wrong for you!! I'm so sorry to see this and I hope things are smooth sailing from here on!! Your plaster is going to be beautiful and I'm so glad about the reshoot!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hey Texasgal! Thank you for the kind words and for popping in!
Im really glad I didn't have to ask for the reshoot! I am praying and hoping now that it looks great after the acid wash! It probably will...just nervous!

Plaster round 2-

Close ups of LOTS of abalone!! I hope I don't lose a bunch in the acid wash! It's SO PRETTY!!! I'm SO glad I asked for extra! My plaster already comes with glass beads and abalone so I hadn't planned to ask for more, but adding the extra upped the WOW factor for sure! I have no idea if they charged me for it or not. I hope not....

Now for the news:

A new scupper is being sent from the manufacturer. They were apparently shocked over what happened and claim it to be an anomaly. Hubby wants to just let them replace it. It means just breaking down one part of the wall and keeping everything else as is. I'm good with that. I did find a patina kit for restoring the brown patina to copper (thanks BigEinAz for starting my search!) that I think I'll get. The other scuppers got a bit dinged in the wall build because no one thought to protect them from the rock and mortar. The kit should work well for touch ups.

Firepit is being completed tomorrow! Yay! That will be 2 finished items!

Pergola is still a week or 2 out. Boo! We want some shade!

Clean up and grading will be (supposedly) before this weekend... I'm not getting my hopes up for this. Why, you may ask? Just a feeling... We'll see.

PB is going to bring the deck guy back and address the remaining issues. He said he would handle it. I'm praying for the best....

The BEST piece of news...the start up guy will come maybe Monday and throw a few pucks in the skimmer, educate me on the pool, and "take care" of things for about a week, then it's all mine! I plan to figure my chems tomorrow so I can get some bleach in it Friday and depending on my pH I'll do muratic acid as well. I'm not waiting until Monday (or longer) and give anything a chance to start growing. Plus, all the babies will be swimming this weekend with my hubby. Only 2 are potty trained and they are both just 5.... I definitely NEED chlorine!!
PB said they "wait a few days after filling to dump the salt in". Should I be concerned that they do this before 30days???

Anyway, I'm pretty excited that they won't get a chance to mess up my water and I can take care of it almost immediately.

Hoping I can sleep tonight....

Plaster round 2-

Close ups of LOTS of abalone!! I hope I don't lose a bunch in the acid wash! It's SO PRETTY!!! I'm SO glad I asked for extra! My plaster already comes with glass beads and abalone so I hadn't planned to ask for more, but adding the extra upped the WOW factor for sure! I have no idea if they charged me for it or not. I hope not....

Now for the news:

A new scupper is being sent from the manufacturer. They were apparently shocked over what happened and claim it to be an anomaly. Hubby wants to just let them replace it. It means just breaking down one part of the wall and keeping everything else as is. I'm good with that. I did find a patina kit for restoring the brown patina to copper (thanks BigEinAz for starting my search!) that I think I'll get. The other scuppers got a bit dinged in the wall build because no one thought to protect them from the rock and mortar. The kit should work well for touch ups.

Firepit is being completed tomorrow! Yay! That will be 2 finished items!

Pergola is still a week or 2 out. Boo! We want some shade!

Clean up and grading will be (supposedly) before this weekend... I'm not getting my hopes up for this. Why, you may ask? Just a feeling... We'll see.

PB is going to bring the deck guy back and address the remaining issues. He said he would handle it. I'm praying for the best....

The BEST piece of news...the start up guy will come maybe Monday and throw a few pucks in the skimmer, educate me on the pool, and "take care" of things for about a week, then it's all mine! I plan to figure my chems tomorrow so I can get some bleach in it Friday and depending on my pH I'll do muratic acid as well. I'm not waiting until Monday (or longer) and give anything a chance to start growing. Plus, all the babies will be swimming this weekend with my hubby. Only 2 are potty trained and they are both just 5.... I definitely NEED chlorine!!
PB said they "wait a few days after filling to dump the salt in". Should I be concerned that they do this before 30days???

Anyway, I'm pretty excited that they won't get a chance to mess up my water and I can take care of it almost immediately.

Hoping I can sleep tonight....

That's all great news!!
The tiles are like buried under there. So glad to see that as normal or I might have been a bit freaked out tomorrow. Lol.
You definitely need chlorine with the littles!

That's all great news!!
The tiles are like buried under there. So glad to see that as normal or I might have been a bit freaked out tomorrow. Lol.
You definitely need chlorine with the littles!

Be sure you know exactly how many you have and where they are! I had to have them unearth a couple they didn't find! The acid wash will expose them and clean them off.

Just wait til you get the TFP sparkle going with that plaster! It's going to be unbelievable.

Thank you, PAGirl!!! I can't wait!!

Great news about the scupper! Your plaster looks great! Can't wait to see it after its acid washed! I would wait the 28 days for salt, just to be safe. Are there any plaster care directions from the plaster company website? If your PB or the plaster guys don't give you any then I'd look online. And don't forget to register your plaster for warranty purposes.

Pool filling day tomorrow! I bet it's just like Christmas Eve at your house! LOL!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.