Hello from Allen (near Dallas) Texas

Rogue Zombie

Mar 18, 2021
Dallas, Texas
First time home owner, first time pool owner. I need a lot of help!

We moved into our house in December! All the pool equipment was ancient and leaking from... everywhere, even after service. In what was probably a rookie mistake, I shelled out 5k to have everything replaced, filter pump, booster pump, and the filter system (which also replaced the DE system).

We got all of that done JUST in time for the freak arctic storm, hahaha. The equipment seems to have survived the storm - but I'm trying to migrate away from paying 200$ a month for weekly cleaning and service, to doing it myself.

Yesterday morning I went outside and the wheel had broken off of the Polaris cleaning robot. I disconnected it and set it aside. The robot's favorite thing in the world to do was to make one or two laps and then get stuck in the corner for the rest of him time - so I'm not really missing out at the moment. I digress, the search for robot solutions to use with my booster pump led me here!

I guess I will look around here (seems a friendly place) and find a place to post pics of the pool and equipment and to get help and advice on how to maintain everything (not afraid of hard work!). Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Taking care of your pool is one of the best DIY things you can do. Below is a great link to help get you started. If you have any other questions, just let us know.

The Simpsons Hello GIF