Heavy rain greenish tint

Jul 7, 2013
Hey guys. Had heavy rains a couple of weeks again and salt water pool has a green tint to it when usually it is Crystal clear for the most part. Not sure what's going on. Just vacuumed it and I saw some light brown flakes near the bottom

I have been running pump and swg for a week straight 24/7 to see if it clears up

Test results

PH. 7.8
FC. 4
CC. 05
TC. 4.5
TA. 80.
CYA. 50 I know this should be higher

At a loss

Thanks

Sounds like you may have a bit of algae starting to bloom. If that's the case, you'll want to perform a SLAM Process. No need to increase the CYA until the SLAM is complete though, that way you can maintain an FC of "20" during the SLAM. Always make sure to lower the pH to about 7.2 before starting the SLAM though.

If you have any doubt about starting the SLAM, you can do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure. You mentioned the water had a green "tint" to it, but unless you're on a well (iron) or anything unusual was added to the water recently, it's probably algae. If you have any questions or concerns let us know.

We are not home enough to slam correctly. Any other way?
I'm afraid not. Your pool is too big to simply drain and start over, so maintaining the SLAM level is probably your best course of action. As long as you can test/adjust FC in the morning, when you get home, then just before bed, you should be able to make some progress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.