Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Any info on heating a new pool that has a pebble sheen finish...specifically can we heat it right away or wait a week or ? I've read that the dust in the water can effect the heater and if the water is clear after a few days than okay to heat.

Secondly when do you use salt in a new pool....waiting period?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the forum!
Did your pool builder provide a start up guide? Are you or the pool builder managing the start up pool water chemistry and brushing needs?
In general, you should wait 2 weeks before using your heater and 4 weeks before adding salt with a new plaster pool.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

You need to wait 30 days before adding salt. In the meantime, you’ll need to figure a way to add chlorine to the pool, whether by tablets or liquid chlorine. I did both when my pool was new. I used tablets to help raise the CYA, then I switched to liquid chlorine. Then I switched to salt after the 30 day period.

You’re also supposed to wait 30 days before turning on the heater, but I turned mine on when my pool was two weeks old because the water was crystal clear. My new pool had not dust when I brushed and was pretty clear after just a week.

You need to wait 30 days before adding salt. In the meantime, you’ll need to figure a way to add chlorine to the pool, whether by tablets or liquid chlorine. I did both when my pool was new. I used tablets to help raise the CYA, then I switched to liquid chlorine. Then I switched to salt after the 30 day period.

You’re also supposed to wait 30 days before turning on the heater, but I turned mine on when my pool was two weeks old because the water was crystal clear. My new pool had not dust when I brushed and was pretty clear after just a week.
My pool seemed crystal clear after a weeks time so I decided to heat. We’ll see how it goes. I have a pebble sheen finish. Pool is 85 degrees and just perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.