Heating and Panel Advice Please!

MooreND23

Apr 7, 2021
Vancouver, WA
Hey everyone, So our 38x16 fiberglass latham pool is in ground now and pump (SF) is running finally!! I am looking for some advice on heating out here in the Pacific Northwest. PB recommended a Pentair eTI Hybrid which I like the idea and versatility of however it is backordered until at least December per him. It is on order and I am fine waiting but looking into other options. My plan was to try and use the pool from March/April until October, hadnt planned on paying to keep this thing heated year round. If my 4 and 6 yo want to polar plunge and then run into our separate hot tub feel free. I assume Solar Panels would not be a functional option in my region for raising the pool temperature more than 5 or so degrees? We do have a shop very nearby with a South facing side, additionally our patio roof is South facing as well. Does anyone on here live in the PNW and use solar heating? Reviews on the Pentair hybrid? Overpriced? Better to have two separate unit?

Additionally, planning a SWG with IC 40. My PB does not appear very tech savy and was not very aware of the Intellicenter panel and kept pushing the standard Easy Touch with Screen logic. I explained some of the advantages of the IC panel (i8PS-IC40) and he agrees it may be the way to go but again that is back ordered and likely wont be here until winter at the earliest. The tentative plan is to run the pool as a straight chlorine pool with the VSF running until the panel and IC-40 arrives and can get connected. Thoughts?

Lastly can someone explain the benefits of the Intellivalves? That is an area I have not delved into yet. Thank you so much.

Price out the cost of the ETI Hybrid versus a separate MasterTemp gas heater and UltraTemp HP. I think you will find the ETI is no bargain and with separate units if one fails you can replace it individually versus having to replace a more expensive combo unit.

There is no benefit to IntelliValves versus regular actuators. Pentair has not released an support for the Intelli feature of the valves and has been promising it for years.

6061d379-fcfb-43d4-9cd9-03f3874131e6-png.368626

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.