heater temp control

coryp

Nov 6, 2007
hi all,

i'm having trouble with my hayward heater control... the other day my kids were in the jacuzzi, telling me it was too hot. I had it set to 96, and when I went to check the controls it was reading 102. I've been watching it for a while now and it consistently overshoots. it does eventually shut off and gradually (very) goes down, but it's way too delayed. not to mention I think the temp sensor is also slightly low, the problem is compounded.

I have a PS8 controller and hayward h400idl

I know that Pentair heaters have a thermal regulator that sometimes needs replacing,, but I haven't seen anything on my hayward. anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to cook anybody...

Cory

Jandy has a PS8 controller and Hayward has a PS8 controller. You need to be more specific on what system you have.

If your heater is controlled by the automation through the "firemans switch" (that has nothing to do with a Fireman) then the automation acts as the thermostat turning the heater on and off as necessary. Do you have a pool/spa temperature display on the PS8?

Where do you set it to 96? And what display is saying it is 102? Did you put a pool thermometer in the water and see what the actual temp is?

Yes, everything is Hayward/goldline.

This happens regardless if I set the shopping at the control panel or aquapod. I don't think anything is programmed via the heater directly. Both displays read close to the actual water temp, measured independently. The problem is the heater doesn't turn off when it hits the set point for a long enough time that the spa will over shoot the set point by 5-7 degrees.

It does eventually turn off, but it's way too hot by then.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.