Heater shutting off pool pump

Bryanj28

Sep 23, 2019
Houston
Hello all, I've got a rental house with a pool. The tube sheet corroded on the mastertemp 250 and I had it repaired. Two weeks later, my tenant called telling me the heater is shutting off and also shutting off the pool pump, no breakers are getting tripped. They sent a video, the heater starts, display lights are normal, blower turns on. It seems to cut off at the point where the gas valve would open. As stated before, the pool pump shuts off with it. No lights are visible on the panel.

Im going to look at it tomorrow. Has anyone seen anything like this? Seems to imitate a short. I've looked through the pentair manual and it doesn't seem to outline this issue. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

You have a Pentair MasterTemp heater.

What model pump do you have?

You have any automation control panel?

Check the diagnostic lights on the back of the heater control board and also check the LED on the Fenwal box.

Check that no gas valves were shut and you have gas pressure at the heater.

Thanks for the welcome and replies.

It's a mastertemp 250 with intelliflo pump and an easy touch 6 panel. Gas valve is confirmed open. It's not much for automation really though, just a button to turn heater on or off. Temp and mode is set on heater panel.

Is it odd that the power is intermittently cut? In the past when I've had problems it would cycle then display a code.

Bryan,

I suspect that the EasyTouch is set to run the pump when the heater is actually heating and not run when in the pool mode..

If you have ScreenLogic, show us the following page...

If you don't have ScreenLogic, you will need to go to the main panel and look at how your IntelliFlo is being controlled by the EasyTouch.. under "speeds"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.