Heater issues! Please help

ABC12

Mar 24, 2018
Florida
Pool/Heater etc all came with the house unsure about how old etc.

I have the Aquacal Heatwave Superquiet, Model# 110AHDSBTJUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_815c.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8162.jpg

Basically since we moved in a few years ago the heater would work intermittently, in that it would work fine and occasionally give an error message (difficult to read due to issues with the panel - as seen in photo) but if I shut it off and turned it back on it would continue working. That "solution" is no longer working. I was taking care of my pool for over a year, but due to recent travels I've had a pool company cleaning it and asked them if they knew anything about the heater. But they, like me, are apparently only capable of cleaning and managing the chemistry.

1) Any suggestions?
2) If not, who is the right person to call? I tried our "AC/Heat" person but he looked at and said it "looks fine" - clearly not the right guy
3) If I need a new one, I've heard good things about Raypak. But how do I determine which option is best for me?

Thanks!

The unit was made in March 2010. So, about 9 years old.

Do you have a video of the display as power is restored to the unit?

What error codes were displayed?

Thanks for the info, how long do these systems typically last?

I don't have a video, but basically it turns on and quickly goes to the error message seen above in the photo.
Hard to tell if it says "FLO", or "CFO" due to the screen panel issue.

I would expect the unit to last 20 years, but you're lucky if you get 10.

Without knowing what the error code is, it's pretty difficult to tell what's wrong.

I suspect that the unit probably will end up costing more to get working than it's worth.

Are you sure that the flow is sufficient for the unit?

My hot tub used to get an FLO error and like yours was OK part of the time. I went to the dealer I bought the spa from. They sold me the sensor and told me how to replace it. Really nothing to it. If you can get your hands on a manual you could probably replace it yourself. Now I have a pool and am trying to figure out a problem with my water sensor open error.

So... Update - the guy came out.

The error code was FLO. Apparently there is a little tube that water doesn't flow through, but just provides pressure and it was clogged which he cleared out. Then the heater still wasn't working and it needed a new Relay.

The tube is cleared, new relay is in, and everything is working well.

Thanks for your help, figured I'd give you the final conclusion

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.