Heater died.

emaij

Oct 13, 2016
SAN DIEGO
We had a really old heater that gave out a few months ago. I have had a few pool companies come out but they want around $4k to replace.

Any advice in terms of how I can do this more economically?

Should I consider getting smaller BTU And putting in pool solar?

Can you update your signature with your pool equipment and size/volume. It’s hard to help when we know nothing about your pool ...

A Solar installation done by a professional can cost just as much as the new heater install. So it depends a lot on what your using the heat for - just warning up the pool, attached spa, maintaining a set temperature all the time, etc.

I will do that. We have a ~40,000 gallon in-ground pool with an attached spa. We have a Pentair IntelliFlo VSF Variable Speed and Flow Pump. The water from the pump and heater only flows to the spa and then the spa waterfalls into the pool. We have only ever used the heater to heat up the spa. The heater is a MiniMax NT with a Fenwal ignition system. We have Pool Pilot Commander PPC-CON.

Based on your stats you’ll need a heater if you intend to use the hot tub. Cost difference between smaller and larger heaters usually isn’t much. My recommendation is buy the largest available so heating time will be reduced. With a 40k gal pool, I’d imagine the spa is decent size as well. If going to a larger heater, first you’ll need to make sure the gas line has enough flow capacity. When you consider a 400k btu heater is $2800, $4k isn’t really that steep of price considering it does take some time and effort to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.