Heat Pump

leathalfr

Oct 19, 2021
Reading
Hi,

My gas pool boiler is about to pack up, my home boiler needs replacing, my pump is noisy and is on its last legs.

Perfect solution in theory, buy a single heat pump for both the pool and house, new pump, and relocate the pump to the house.

Can you combine a heat pump for the house and pool? pool heating in summer, house heating in winter. obviously hot water to worry about?

Next issue is the pool is 50m from the house, is this possible to deal with?

Thanks!

Interesting thought, but I've never seen a heat pump designed to do these two functions. The basic internal design is completely different for heating a home vs heating water. In theory, they could build a heat pump to do this, but it would not be as efficient at either task as when designed specifically for one or the other, and the cost would be prohibitive.

The flow for a home heat pump is designed for the 3/4 inch plumbing for your radiant heaters. The pool pipes are at least 1.5 inches and the home unit wouldn’t make a dent in the flow to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.