polaris280

Aug 4, 2022
Fremont, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! I am a new pool owner in bay area (Fremont) and looking to get a heat pump as the water gets pretty cold even during peak summer.
Pool is roughly 19000 gallons with max depth 9ft.

I am looking for recommendations on how much btu pump I'd need and specific models.
I was considering comforTemp as seems to be the cheapest one for 95K btu. However not sure if its reliable.

Appreciate any help!

What is your budget? Do you have gas available?

Some good initial guidance on sizing and options:

Can you fill out your signature so we know all the equipment we are dealing with?

The more BTUs the better. Get as many as your budget allows.

Ask around your area and find out what Heat Pumps are serviced locally. Many companies who sell and install Heat Pumps don’t service them.

Reactions: PoolStored
Not sure about the breaker size, I have a VS pump and previously had a PB4 booster pump running on the same line.
My main is on the other side of the house.
Should that factor into the pool brand/size I use?

Not sure about the breaker size, I have a VS pump and previously had a PB4 booster pump running on the same line.
My main is on the other side of the house.
Should that factor into the pool brand/size I use?
Heat pumps typically require a 50amp dedicated circuit and some as large as 60 amp. Upgrading the circuit could add substantially to the budget . The one you mentioned (comfort temp 95k) requires 42 amps so a 50 amp circuit (actually one place says 42a and amazon says 62a so not sure but more than most electrical installs unless it was planned for from the get go)

Last edited:
Reactions: polaris280
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.