Heat Pump Locked in "OFF" mode

Mike98654687

May 31, 2020
Albany New York
I have a U.S. Airwater Products Heat Pump. It's only 2 or 3 years old.
Serial # 1801199.

All was working well until it abruptly stopped running, and the screen displays "OFF". It won't let me change the mode or temperature. I've turned the breaker off, waited a day, turned it back on, but no change.

US Airwater is now out of business, and the company that installed the heat pump tells me they can no longer service it.

I'm hoping there is an easy answer to this. A hidden shut off switch? Etc.

I have little experience with heat pumps except to say this was too expensive to stop working after only a couple of years.

Can anyone share their thoughts?2020-05-30 07.00.09.jpg2020-05-30 07.00.17.jpg2020-05-30 07.00.19.jpg

REMOTE THERMOSTATS AND CONTROLLERS:

If a remote thermostat or any other control system is to be used to turn the heater on and off, a normally open dry contact can be made at terminals labeled POOL/SPA on the bottom right of the electronic control board.

In the case of a remote thermostat where the temperature will be regulated externally, set the POOL MODE to the OFF position and the SPA MODE to 104ºF (40º C).

The heater will only run when the remote control calls for heating (circuit closed)

Do you have automation?

Check the control board for a remote control.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.