Heat pump clock not "clocking". "Always on" mode works.

proculation

Bronze Supporter
Nov 16, 2020
Montreal, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

This is my second question on the forum.
My case is typical: we bought a new house last year and there is an inground pool ! 🤗
I managed to open it up by myself without even having to shock the pool. I decided to open it early while the water was still cold but no chance of big freezing and only balancing the chemicals, scrubbings and backwashes, it went all clear in less than 3 days :kim:

There is a heat pump installed (Model "Jacuzzi" JA85) and I tried to find the documentation online but only to find out that it looks like the local vendor here in Quebec (Club Piscine) just ordered an OEM model from China, put the "Jacuzzi" label on it with a fancy chassis and sells it like that. It looks like it's a common OEM model thought.

Jacuzzi-Thermopompe-149348-149345-149341-full.jpg

The heat pump works properly but only in the "always on until temperature is reached" mode. There is a timer mode where you can set the time for ON, the time for OFF and the clock (the three buttons in order in the following image). However, the clock just stays at the same time and doesn't go "up". If I enter the current time (e.g 22:18). It will just stay at that time. There is a LED dot between the hours and the minutes flashing every second, like in on good old LED clock but the minutes never advance.
Here is the control panel I found on a weird Chinese blog:
1620002598052.png
As anyone seen that kind of model and experienced that problem ?
The control panel does not look screwed/glued to the chassis and it looks like it could be removed/unplugged with a flat screw driver but I don't want to open the controls and attempt to fix the electronics (I know electronics) without first asking here.

Thanks a lot,
O.

I think you are going to be on your own figuring out that clock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.