HDX Chlorine

RANDY M

Silver Supporter
Jul 19, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
Everyones out of liquid chlorine so I'm trying to compare available amount in bleach.
Get a little confused with previous posts.

Home depot HDX chlorine shows 10% and 90% other ingredients.
SDS says 10% by weight.
Is this 10% available or less?
When I put 10% in pool math it changes automatically to trade.
Is trade and weight the same beast?

Thanks

Everyones out of liquid chlorine so I'm trying to compare available amount in bleach.
Get a little confused with previous posts.

Home depot HDX chlorine shows 10% and 90% other ingredients.
SDS says 10% by weight.
Is this 10% available or less?
When I put 10% in pool math it changes automatically to trade.
Is trade and weight the same beast?

Thanks
Been using HDX for years at Homedepot at a steady 10%. But they have been out of liquid bleach for pool for months now (as everyone) reverted to HDX 81 oz. Germicidal Bleach at a steady 8+ percent (from my tests), but prices are high, as so the price per oz, and limits on purchases, as well. Shop around. HDX 81 oz. Germicidal Bleach SDS

Reactions: charliej
Been using HDX for years at Homedepot at a steady 10%. But they have been out of liquid bleach for pool for months now (as everyone) reverted to HDX 81 oz. Germicidal Bleach at a steady 8+ percent (from my tests), but prices are high, as so the price per oz, and limits on purchases, as well. Shop around. HDX 81 oz. Germicidal Bleach SDS
The HD in Katy has lots of LC. It is the Pool Essentials brand - not HDX - but is a box of 4 one-gal jugs (10%) for $16 + tax.
I prefer to use Pinch a Penny as they sell a refillable 2.5gal jug and according to PM chlorine calculator it is slightly less expensive then the HD product.

Reactions: charliej
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.