Perfection, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Installed a new filter and hard piping this spring (pita, but done!) !00# of pool sand, backwashed several times.
Chem levels:
FC 7
CC 0
Ph 7.4
TA 70
CH 90
CYA >60 (adding two more pounds, reagent refill on the way)
Bromate >50 (I can't see the color change on the strips)

The water is clear, no evidence of anything growing (did need to SLAM after the pump was out of service.)

I run the pump 4 hours per evening with the swg @ 35%. But so far the water doesn't have the TFP brilliant sparkle I'm used to. There is a slight haze when looking at the white ladder against the blue liner. Am I just impatient? Or maybe run the pump a little longer? 4 Hours is what I ran last year with no issues. Or add some DE to the filter to scrub the water a bit more?

Using TFP methods will ruin you for wanting the perfect pool water! I've had it before and want to keep it!

Using TFP methods will ruin you for wanting the perfect pool water!
Yes, we all tend to be a little more OCD now. :) While it may just be a matter of the filter doing its job, you could always do an overnight (OCLT) test just to reassure yourself there isn't excessive FC loss because of that suspected haziness. If you pass the OCLT and the filter seems to be doing its job, you could consider adding just a little DE.

Yeah, I'll do that just to eliminate any unlikely critters lurking in there. When perfection is attainable, anything less is unacceptable!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.