Hayward wanda the whale...... wt?!?

T.Heck

Jun 12, 2017
freeport, IL
So everytime it sucks up a leaf it clogs in the outlet and quits working..... What am I missing here? I been hooking it up to my blue attachment that came with my intex delux skimmer.

I have to be missing something...... Do I take the gray outlet screen off and hook it up?

Get a skimmer vacuum plate, then you can use your skimmer basket with the whale.
When it sucks up a leaf, it will deposit it into the skimmer basket, and keep on chugging.

So everytime it sucks up a leaf it clogs in the outlet and quits working..... What am I missing here? I been hooking it up to my blue attachment that came with my intex delux skimmer.

I have to be missing something...... Do I take the gray outlet screen off and hook it up?
Yes, the grate cover on the Intex suction port will need to go if you plan to vacuum up larger debris, trouble is that it is molded into the fitting, and will require you cutting it out.

Even if you could find a way to vacuum through the skimmer (the Intex skimmer is not designed for that), you will still have the plastic grate to deal with.

Yes, the grate cover on the Intex suction port will need to go if you plan to vacuum up larger debris, trouble is that it is molded into the fitting, and will require you cutting it out.

Even if you could find a way to vacuum through the skimmer (the Intex skimmer is not designed for that), you will still have the plastic grate to deal with.

I use one on mine, and have for the past 4 years... it works great. The plate forces the blue weir ring down onto the body of the skimmer, and sits tight on it.

Keep in mind that the OP said that he was using the deluxe skimmer, not one of the ones that is through the wall.

You can put a leaf cannister in line on the hose sections or, as my cannister broke, I use a leaf net to scoop the leaves before I run the vacuum. I have Diver Dave.

If you'll aim the return toward the middle of the pool and turn the pump on high, it'll blow the leaves to the sides. Or aim the return to the side and again turn the pump on high and it'll swirl the leaves into a pile in the center. Either way you can scoop them easily.

I've used this method with the intex skimmer and with a through the wall skimmer. It keeps the larger stuff from causing problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.