Hayward W3AQR15 v. Circupool RJ-45 plus

scchristy

Sep 19, 2022
Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
So I'm getting ready to make the switch to SWG and would appreciate thoughts on the above 2 SWGs.

I've been planning on going with a 3 HP CaliMar VSP and the RJ-45, but in the process of getting quotes to have both installed I spoke with a guy who said he's had lots of customers have issues with the Circupool systems and recommended the Hayward. He said he'd install whatever I wanted but was sharing his 2 cents so he wasn't trying to sell me on buying the Haward from him. Now I'm kind of at a loss on how to proceed. Thoughts?

So I'm getting ready to make the switch to SWG and would appreciate thoughts on the above 2 SWGs.

I've been planning on going with a 3 HP CaliMar VSP and the RJ-45, but in the process of getting quotes to have both installed I spoke with a guy who said he's had lots of customers have issues with the Circupool systems and recommended the Hayward. He said he'd install whatever I wanted but was sharing his 2 cents so he wasn't trying to sell me on buying the Haward from him. Now I'm kind of at a loss on how to proceed. Thoughts?
I have RJ-60 the second season and am very happy. Circupool is relatively new, so nobody can predict how long they will last, but I don't have any reason to think they are worse than other.

Everything I've seen here has been pretty positive re: Circupool so it was a little surprising to hear that from him. Then again, it seems like Hayward is also pretty positive. It's tough when there are so many options out there.

I just installed a RJ-60 and a 11/2 hp SmartFlo pump from Circupool. I had some minor problems with the pump and their customer service/techs were outstanding handling the issue. Kudos to Circupool. The reviews I read support Circupool and their warranty seems to be better than others. Easy install and simple to use.

Reactions: scchristy
I went with the CicruPool RJ-45 because I liked the clear housing. Ha. Only kidding... sort of.
When I did the math, it worked out to be $0.10/ppm Cl. The Hayward was $0.33/ppm Cl. I get a 2.0 lbs/day vs 1.45, 7 year warranty vs 1 year. So even if the CircuPool output is inflated, I'm still getting over 2x the Cl for the price. Can't speak on longevity though.
I really wish one of them would have had the flow switch integrated as my space is limited. But I could only get that on the CORE, and I didn't like the coarse 25% increments to adjust it, especially with how oversized it is.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Forgot to mention, it was also about easy math. My pool is ~100,000 lbs of water, so since the RJ-45+ has 2.0 lbs/day Cl output, so a 10% change in SWG setting = 2ppm/day Cl. To convert that into even easier math, I can add 1 ppm for every 5% on the SWG. Should make dialing it in a bit easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.