Ma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The end of last swim season the digital display on my Hayward pump wouldn’t turn on my electrician verified I have power going to the pump so I figured it was the display that went bad.
I ordered a new display just plugged it in and I’m having the same problem, has anyone dealt with this? Anything I should be checking? It’s a Hayward super pump VS700.
Thanks

The end of last swim season the digital display on my Hayward pump wouldn’t turn on my electrician verified I have power going to the pump so I figured it was the display that went bad.
I ordered a new display just plugged it in and I’m having the same problem, has anyone dealt with this? Anything I should be checking? It’s a Hayward super pump VS700.
Thanks
Does the pump run at all? Sounds like the drive has quit.

The pump will not run at all, I open the cover to the digital screen and it’s blank. So I have no way of starting the pump.
How would I check that? Also I searched but could not find, do these pumps have any fuses that could go bad?

The pump will not run at all, I open the cover to the digital screen and it’s blank. So I have no way of starting the pump.
Dead drive. Hayward doesn't appear to sell the drive separately for that pump, just a "power-end assembly" (motor, drive sealplate, impeller, O rings). No automation? The V-Green EVO 165 is a less-expensive motor replacement. Takes getting used to the programming and you would need a timeclock.

No automation, man that’s not good. Pump was installed October 2019 but not used used until May 2020, you’d expect it to last longer then that.

Reactions: markayash
The pool company is coming to take a look this week to hopefully confirm what’s going on, my next issue is I’m starting to get a good amount of Algea.
Any reason I can’t add some chlorine and mix it using my sump pump, or am I better off just dealing with it when I get the pump issue fixed?

I have a new power end assembly on its way, has anyone ever swapped one? It looks pretty straightforward, but I figured I’d ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.