Hayward VS model confusion

Flboy44

Jan 30, 2022
Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
I see the TriStar and the super pump variable speed pumps. I am replacing my 1.5 hp super 2. No automation!
Am a bit confused about my choices! Of course, my local Leslie is advising their Jacuzzi!

I see the TriStar and the super pump variable speed pumps. I am replacing my 1.5 hp super 2. No automation!
Am a bit confused about my choices! Of course, my local Leslie is advising their Jacuzzi!
Tri-Star is a high-head pump as is your Super 2. The Super Pump VSP is a medium head pump. Leslie's Jacuzzi VSP, if you are looking at the JVS 185S or JVS270S is a re-branded Hayward Tri-Star. They had another "no name" VSP branded Jacuzzi. Run from it if offered. Go with the Tri-Star or "Jacuzzi."
Though it initially will cost more, go with the 2.7THP if you can. You turn the RPM down for the same water flow and more energy savings than with the 1.85THP.

Reactions: Flboy44
Interesting thought! Larger Hp for easier cruising!
More confusion! The Pumps’ WEF ratings seem better running it at 120v! I would have expected 230v the absolute way to go!
Efficiency specs appear to be much better for the Jacuzzi 1.85hp compared to the 2.7!
EDIT: Just found some excellent information from JamesW on another post, same question!
I will be going with 230V!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.