Hayward Turbocell t-cell-15

jdy

Silver Supporter
Apr 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I have a question: pool was installed july 2017. My SWG keeps showing low salt (2700), but the Taylor K-1766 test kit shows it around 3400.
I had to kick it up to 70% to increase my chlorine, and now my pump runs 10 hours at 70% and chlorine registered 11 today.
However, my red light stays on saying check salt level, and one time I had to "reset" it by pressing the "+" button.
I am trying to get the salt cell off to clean it (I have not cleaned it or inspected it because I cannot get the rings to loosen up to remove the dang thing. I did notice that several days, the pump kicked on, ran, and then about 2 hours later it said "chlorinator off; max met" whatever that means. My question is: what is next? clean it? replace it?
diagnostic button shows this:
+25.78V +5.84A
80ºF 2600 PPM

Last edited:
First step is remove the cell and inspect it, if it has scale clean it with water and acid ratio of 4:1. The strap wrench idea above is best to remove the cell.

Report back after you inspected the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.