Hayward TriStar VS flow meter?

Hi, our new pool build will have a Hayward TriStar VS pump with OmniLogic automation\control. Does this pump or the Omni have a flow meter to see gpm or gph at the different pump RPMs?
I think if you go to https://www.haywardomnilogic.com and go to settings you can change from percent to RPMs which should give you what you need. There may be a way to change it from the Mobile app but not sure. I've found that there seems to be a few more configurable items at the website.

see pic
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 4.55.17 PM.png

Percent is just the percentage of full speed.

100% is 3,450 rpm. 50% is 1,725 rpm etc. So, it really doesn't tell you anything more than rpm.

It won't tell you the actual flow.

Pentair has a patent on calculating flow and total system head loss from the pump rpm and power usage and I think that they prevent other manufacturers from doing the same thing.

In my opinion, the flow and system pressure estimates are not super accurate.

You can get a flow meter installed if you want to know the flow for some reason.

FlowVis is another option. I think Flowvis is a cleaner installation in a new pool build.

Maybe get both to compare the readings.

In general, it's not necessary to know the flow, but some people just like to know these things.

You can also install a vacuum gauge so that you can determine the system pressure by adding the filter pressure and the suction pressure in psi.

Then, multiply by 2.31 to get total dynamic head and check the flow vs. the performance curve to see how well it matches up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.