Hayward tristar noise

TimmyD

Sep 11, 2015
Frisco,Tx
Hi there, I've read the various posts about noisy pumps but I can't find one matching what is happening with mine. Recently I noticed a loud noise coming from the pump. After some troubleshooting found broken impeller and impeller ring. Replaced both with oem parts. Solved problem. But two days later noise came back. Thought maybe I did something wrong so opened it up again and found the new 3 days of use impeller ring had a crack in it. Fortunately had another and replaced it, again. Worked okay for a few days now noise is back. Haven't taken it apart again yet but looking for thoughts. Any help appreciated.

Sorry, correction on my initial statement above. It was the diffuser and impeller ring that went the first time I discovered it had run dry melted inside of diffuser. These were replaced not the impeller. Didn't think it affected anything else though as I did look around at rest of parts. Could it have warped the impeller somehow? The overheating? Maybe I need to actually replace the impeller?

Sure, try replacing the diffuser, impeller ring, and impeller.

Other things may have warped when the pump overheated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.