Hayward T15 issues

Jun 29, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Instant salt reading 800
Average 800
Voltage 29.24V
Current 2.37A

I believe the voltage and current are not where they should be. And it is not generating chlorine. What usually causes that?

T15 is 2 yrs old. Was last cleaned in April.

I manually checked salt about a month ago and it was 3100. I ran out of the testing solution, so haven't checked since then. Hopefully get some more solution today. I see some algae developing. So I am going to use liquid chlorine, until I figure this out.

TIA

Philo, I took your advice and cleaned it. There was scale inside of it. I must have something "not right" that I am developing scale. I reset the controller (omnilogic). Readings are now:

Instant salt reading 3383
Average 3432
Voltage 26.37V
Current 8.14A

I believe the voltage and current are still a little out of whack. I replenished my reagents, and manually checked salt, it was 3400.

FC 6
PH 7.8
TA 110
CH 300
CYA 45
Salt 3400

I feel like I have added enough CYA to get it up higher than 45. I believe it should be up around 70 for a salt water outdoor pool. It seems to go up very slowly. Everything I read indicates the CYA only goes away through water replenishment. I am not sure how much water evaporates from my pool, I am sure a considerable amount with the high temps in my area, but I seem to always be low on CYA. I feel I am doing the test correctly. I purchased the R7065 (50ppm) standard to confirm I am looking at the black circle correctly.

What causes the excessive scale on the SWG? I read that if all is working correctly (perfect chemistry), the SWG reversing polarity back and forth is suppose to eliminate all scale. I have had scale buildup a few times on my salt cell. What chemistry is the biggest factor?

Thank you

I think that your pH has probably been high on multiple occasions due to the TA at 110.

I think that if you get the TA to about 60, you would have a more stable pH and much less scale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.