Hayward Swimpro Pump - not in Hayward product list?

AlanH

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2010
Nicaragua
Looks like I'm going to have to replace my Dynamo 1HP, 2 speed pump. Everything electrical is good but the motor housing, end plates and base plate are badly corroded to the point of splitting apart. The pump was run on low speed (about 3 amps) 95% of the time and had a minimal impact on our solar energy system.

My options are a Dynamo 1HP, single speed (10-11 amps per plate rating), a Hayward Superpump .5HP, single speed (9 amps per plate rating), and a Hayward Swimpro 1 HP single speed (6.5 amps per plate rating). The discrepancy between the 2 Hayward pumps regarding HP and amp rating is a concern.

I would prefer the Swimpro to minimize the load on the solar system. BUT, I cannot find any info on it. Nothing on Hayward's web site. It looks like its main market is Indonesia/Asia. If anybody has any experience with or knowledge about this pump (its quality) I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Attachments

• Hayward Swimpro Pump.jpg
    Hayward Swimpro Pump.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
I think the Swimpro has similar performance as the Power Flo II so it should perform similar to the Dynamo. I don't see why it wouldn't work for your application.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.