Hayward Super Pump Replacement

Jmcst26

Sep 11, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a Hayward Super Pump 1 HP that is about 6 years olds.

The pump is still running but is very loud and squealing (guessing barrings). I was looking at replacement motors (leaving in the wet end and just replace motor - no plumbing changes) and wanted opinions on should I stay with a Hayward labeled motor, or are the other brand replacement motors that are cheaper perfectly fine. If so - any recommendations.

Also, it is a single speed 1 HP (pressure is fine), are there just motor options to go to a more energy-efficient motor that is variable speed or higher horsepower. (not sure why I would go with more HP - more of a general question I see recommendations for variable speed).

Final question - any TFP friendly / recommended sites to purchase a replacement motor from. I will install myself.

Thanks
jmcst25

other info
IG 33K Vinyl / Salt pool.
All chemicals are balanced.

Check out InyoPools. They have VS and two speed motors that will mate up with your wet end. You might have to get a different impeller/diffuser for a VS if you want full power.

Thanks. I looked at the VGreen 085. I have AO Motor model C48K32143B1, I don't see that on the conversion chart, but I think that is the Century UCT1102 (115V) to the V Green Variable Speed ELV08C. In looking online (quick search) this motor is $400 vs the Century at $160.

I only see the recommendation for the variable speed, but don't really understand the benefit for an extra $240. Not opposed to $400, but want to understand the benefit. Any insights?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1591470217721.png
    1591470217721.png
    503 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1591470334450.png
    1591470334450.png
    809 bytes · Views: 2
I am no expert on this subject. I only mentioned the Vgreen after doing a little research and one member on this site who was happy with it. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

How long do you run your pump each day? What is the SF of your current motor (on the faceplate near HP).

Electrical cost savings and quiet operation are two reasons for a variable speed motor.

Starting next year, all new and replacement motors of greater than 1 Hp must be multiple speed. Federal regulation.

I have the inyo pump which has the vgreen motor and my electric bill dropped a lot after switching from a Hayward superflow pump. Plus it’s a LOT quieter.
Can or chat with into, they are helpful and not just out to sell you expensive hardware

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.