Hayward Sumheat Fi Heat Pump - anyone have this

Richard_S

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
SW France
I am looking to install a heat pump for my exterior salt pool (90m3) and was looking at the Hayward Sumheat Fi, which are the latest models. Does anyone have any experience of these? I am particularly interested in knowing about noise, speed of heating water and electrical consumption. They are at the top end of price range for heat pumps, but I really need a heat pump that is reliable as this is a rental and I am not there to keep an eye on things....but can only do this remotely.

Any advice, info etc much appreciated and if you have an alternative suggestion then I'd love to hear it.

The Hayward Sumheat Fi looks like an interesting heat pump that Hayward does not sell in the USA. A search finds it sold in the UK and Australia.

We will have to see if our few members from those areas happen to have experience with the unit.

Ah, didn't realise the "Fi" doesn't exist in the US.

I have been given an option of a BWT Pearl HPT20 Heat Exchanger, which is 30% cheaper, but know absolutely nothing about BWT as a make....apart from their sponsorship of F1 Cars...Anyone have experience of these (probably another one that is Australian/NZ and not in the US)

I have been given an option of a BWT Pearl HPT20 Heat Exchanger, which is 30% cheaper, but know absolutely nothing about BWT as a make....apart from their sponsorship of F1 Cars...Anyone have experience of these (probably another one that is Australian/NZ and not in the US)

I have not seen BWT Heat Pumps sold in the US either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.