Hayward Skimmer on Intex install

Apr 4, 2017
Saraland, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey guys and gals! Niksicle's husband here. (Krisicle? Meh, I'll work on it)

So through the help from this forum and googling a lot, we installed the skimmer to our 20 ft Intex pool, and so far it has been wonderful. What we noticed was a lot of people here went to their hardware store, got some pieces and ordered the Game 4560 for adapting to their original Intex piping. I'm here to tell you, there is an easier way.

By luck, I found that Hayward actually makes a ball valve that not only fits in the 1.5 threads under the Skimmer,but also has the 1.5 for the Intex hose. The part sku is SP0729

IMG_1124.jpg

I did use pipe tape just to help if it leaked.

IMG_1123.jpg

Then slid the Intex hose on and used a pipe clamp. Works amazing.

IMG_1125.JPG

Hope this helps. This way you don't have to buy those pieces, sand them, glue, and all that stuff.

Krisicle (nah, I hate it) out!

I case anyone needs it, this is the link to it on Amazon, but we got it locally at Leslie's.

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP0729-Econoline-2-Way-Valve/dp/B002EL3YI8

35bccf65a03c56070d15fd9bed4aa6fe.png

Hey guys and gals! Niksicle's husband here. (Krisicle? Meh, I'll work on it)

So through the help from this forum and googling a lot, we installed the skimmer to our 20 ft Intex pool, and so far it has been wonderful. What we noticed was a lot of people here went to their hardware store, got some pieces and ordered the Game 4560 for adapting to their original Intex piping. I'm here to tell you, there is an easier way.

By luck, I found that Hayward actually makes a ball valve that not only fits in the 1.5 threads under the Skimmer,but also has the 1.5 for the Intex hose. The part sku is SP0729

View attachment 61585

I did use pipe tape just to help if it leaked.

View attachment 61586

Then slid the Intex hose on and used a pipe clamp. Works amazing.

View attachment 61587

Hope this helps. This way you don't have to buy those pieces, sand them, glue, and all that stuff.

Krisicle (nah, I hate it) out!
Hi there. Thanks for posting the pictures. I have an Intex 16x32 rectangular with two inlets. I just ordered the Hayward skimmer. I noticed from your picture that you (seemingly) have removed/disconnected the two intakes and are just using the Hayward as your intake. Is this correct? Do you get enough intake flow to keep the pressure on your pump up high enough so that you have sufficient return flow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.